Tuesday, December 7, 2010

dreamer of dior.....the perfect closet

I found this cute little book at my boyfriend's sister's house and couldn't get enough the book was called "Dreaming of Dior" it had gorgeous illustrations and most importantly each piece has a story and it's surprising that when i look back at the pages i remember the story too....
i found myself vicariously living through other people's lives for a wonderful 3 mins (depending on how fast/slow i read the page). This book made me realise that clothes are not just pieces of fabric, a weapon of choice shallow people use to separate themselves to mere "nobodies", clothes are like photographs or balance sheets- they are snapshots of a specific/significant time in ones life. It is amazing how one item of clothing can conjure a memory so much so that the memory becomes part of the fabric and held there for generations to come. Here's a sneak peak
                                                      
I still haven't finished reading the sequel, which is called Dreaming of Chanel, but everytime i turn the page i always end up like this:
                               (image from Dior campaign by sophia cappola)
 All in All my fave book to relax to that instantly takes you from the world of conservative quakers to wild, fabulous parties people like me can only dream about..


I have found my fave dress in Dreamin of Dior Page 146 vintage Dior Wedding dress... just divine...

No comments:

Post a Comment